Nobody has ever been successful on their own. A big part of Better Globe Forestry Ltd’s (BGF) success lies in its partnerships with companies, universities, and local and international organizations.
BGF works together with many different partners to manage different parts of its business. BGF is a Kenyan forestry company, and there are many parts of their business that they could never do themselves. BGF is therefore proud to collaborate with, among others, the following esteemed companies and organizations:
- KenGen – is the largest energy producer in Kenya, and the company has collaborated with BGF for many years. BGF has, among other things, received land for their in-vitro seedling production facility and upcoming wood processing industry. In exchange, KenGen has had the benefit of reduced erosion and job creation for many people in connection with their dams. You can read more about BGF’s tree-planting project with Kengen on the website of the KenGen Foundation.
- Bamburi / Lafarge – is a partner in the “Schools’ Green Initiative Challenge” with KenGen and BGF. The project is primarily aimed at planting trees for environmental conservation in an area of over 500 hectares in more than 1000 schools in some of Kenya’s driest counties. You can read more about the collaboration (it has expanded since 2014) in this press release from Lafarge.
- KEFRI – is the abbreviation for “Kenya Forestry Research Institute” which is a Kenyan organization engaged in research, technology development, and the spreading of knowledge about forest plantation and cooperation in Kenya. Together with BGF, they research the in-vitro cultivation of the Mukau tree to refine and scale up the process to an industrial level.
- Child Africa International – is the Ugandan/Norwegian charity organization that runs several schools that Better Globe donors have helped finance construction and renovations for through the sales of Donation Packages.
- K-Rep Bank / Sidian Bank – a Kenyan bank that is specializing in microfinance. K-Rep helps and starts the microcredit banks our sponsors are funding through the Donation Package.
BGF also collaborates with a few universities:
- University of Ghent, Belgium – since 2007, BGF has a partnership with this university in Belgium, which has sent students who write their master theses to Kenya for several years. The work has focused on the refining and in-vitro cultivation of BGF’s Mukau tree (Melia volkensii).
- Nairobi University, Kenya – for several years, BGF has worked with the local university on the in-vitro cultivation of the Mukau tree.
- Makere University, Uganda – since a while back, the university also cooperates on forestry operations with BGF in Uganda.
Other organizations that BGF cooperates with:
- Kenya Forestry Service (KFS)
- The World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF)
- National Forestry Authority (NFA) in Uganda
- Sawlog Production Grant Scheme (SPGS) in Uganda
- and others
Donate to help plant trees and reduce poverty
We invite you to make a difference in East Africa and contribute to a better world. Our trees are managed in an ethical, sustainable, and long-term way. Click on the link to our shop and make a socially responsible and sustainable donation today. It feels great to help others!