About Better Globe AS
Better Globe AS is a Norwegian social enterprise engaged in crowdfunding, sales, and marketing. We sell trees and donation packages as commodities worldwide to support Better Globe Forestry Ltd.’s (BGF) efforts to eradicate extreme poverty and corruption in Africa, one family at the time.
In East Africa, BGF acts as our agent by planting the trees for our customers, and taking care of them until the ownership ends. The trees are repurchased over a 20-year timeframe. BGF is among the most respected forestry companies in East Africa and is widely known for its dedication to sustainable practices and for creating significant social impacts in arid and semi-arid lands (ASAL).
By funding trees to be planted in ASAL with our forestry partner in Africa, we are working toward our joint vision to reduce poverty in Africa. Together, we want to make Africa a better and greener place for both people and nature.
Our forestry partner BGF is the first forestry company in the world to plant mukau trees (Melia Volkensii, a drought-resistant Kenyan mahogany species found in semi-arid areas) commercially in an environment where no one has ever attempted forestry on a larger scale. Please watch our 4-minute introductory video to get a better idea of how our customers help BGF create a greener future.
Together we are already making a significant difference
Today (2020), 14 years after we in Better Globe sold our first product, we are proud to show that it is possible to make a big difference for real. The ideas of BGF were correct; it is possible to operate a sustainable and commercially viable forestry business and create social change in the ASAL of East Africa. Together with our forestry partner, we will continue to work, holistically and sustainably, for a future with less extreme poverty in Africa. And we would like to invite people to help crowdfund the efforts of BGF in Africa through our long-term profitable social impact products because:
- By planting trees, we care about smallholder farming families, the environment, and the world community
- Value is created for the local families, primarily by empowering women and supporting children’s education
- Living conditions and food security are improved through our partnerships with local farmers through agroforestry, microloans, training, and by providing clean water
- The operations take place in the semi-arid areas, which is not suitable for agriculture, and this is where we make the most significant difference for local communities, thanks to our model of land restoration and agro-ecology
- In the future, we will create even more jobs locally by supporting sustainable timber processing and furniture manufacturing, which keeps more of the value creation in the countries where BGF operates
We hope you like what we and BGF stand for and that you want to support us in creating a better world. It is something good that we can do together while creating long-term benefits that go far beyond just creating financial returns.
Contact and business details
To get in touch with us, we recommend that you email our customer service at email@example.com.
We have English speaking customer service representatives who can answer most questions. We are, unfortunately, not able to receive any queries by phone. Still, we can try to arrange a callback if you send us an email.
Better Globe AS
A socially responsible marketing company, based in Moss, Norway
Norwegian company registration number: 992593148
Phone: (+47) 4644-7606
Address: Postboks 410 | 1502 MOSS
Better Globe Forestry Ltd.
Our forestry agent, the company is active in Kenya and Uganda (2020)
Kenyan company registration number: C. 113360
Address: Tabere Crescent No. 4, Kileleshwa,
P O Box 823 – 00606
Thank you for your interest in our business.